Mac installation... now works correctly. Be sure to reboot first.
Version 6.0.6: Other changes in this v6.0.6 release include:
- Fixed adding new expressions to plots (a problem in Scientific Notebook only)
- Fixed a problem where the character & was imported as &
- Fixed a problem where mathematics containing cube roots were imported as invalid-markup
- Fixed a problem where a paragraph that begins with a 2-em space could not be selected
- Fixed a problem where stretch spaces were not imported correctly
- Corrected a typo in the Help system (Ctrl+k is used to activate the symbol keyboard)
- Fixed a problem where spaces and other special characters in file paths would cause compile errors on OS X
- Updated the Slides_Beamer shell to add the minpasses fragment
- Fixed using preference values to select BibTeX directories. BibTeX bibliographies can be used in documents
- Fixed problems with the computation of Bessel functions
- Improved wording displayed when importing .tex, so that status messages will not be confused with errors
- Fixed a problem where it was difficult to add text following a plot
- Fixed a problem importing when \normalsize was in the document preamble
- Fixed a problem importing related to a specific use of \overset in the .tex file
- Added a setting in the preferences for the default directory to use for documents
- Enabled pressing F1 on Windows (CMD+? on the Mac) to bring up Help
- Added a Beamer fragment directory for SWP and SW for items from Version 5.5 not already included in the Version 6 interface
Version 6.0.5: Version 6.0.5 changes included:
- A problem where plots could not be created when using a non-English locale
- The bowtie character was being used instead of the Join character
- Add the smallsetminus character to the Binary operations symbol panel
- When a subdocument is selected to be imported, import the master document instead of doing nothing
- Improve behaviour of paste and drag and drop problems that were seen when using subscripts and superscripts
- A problem where content to a table cell and to lists could not be added
- Improved appearance of footnotes when displayed
- A problem where maths characters with accents and tags would not import with the tag
- A problem where a paragraph starting with a zero space would not allow anything in that paragraph to be selected
- A problem where applying a section tag produced a subsection
- A problem where automatic substitutions would jump from the main line into a superscript
- The Windows installer now uses Ghostscript version 9.16
Version 6.0.4: These were the changes in v6.0.4:
- Improvements to File/TeX Import
- A problem where the abstract was typeset twice
- Inconsistencies between the modern and classic themes
- A problem where a normal right parenthesis would be exported to LaTeX as an expanding right parenthesis
- A problem where list level selection was not being done correctly
- Custom labels on displays were not typeset correctly
- Incorrect importing and exporting to LaTeX of certain symbols (\diamond, \Diamond, \epsilon, \varepsilon, \bigcirc, \setminus, \smallsetminus, \barwedge, \prep, \varphi, and \digamma)
- The Negated Symbols symbol panel was using the incorrect character display for \lneq and \gneq
- Pre-tagging with BlackboardBold, Calligraphic, and Fraktur was not working
- The placeins and breakcites packages were missing from the TeX installation
- Other TeX installation problems, especially on OS X
- Other bugs and cosmetic issues have also been fixed
Thanks for your various helpful bug reports which have enabled all the issues above to be resolved.
Useful links: A reminder that:
Most-asked question: The most common issue raised when people upgrade to v6.0 is that they cannot open their existing v5.5 documents in v6.0. To import existing Scientific Word/WorkPlace/Notebook documents into version 6.0 you should use File – Import TeX, not File – Open. The file format for v6.0 documents is no longer .tex but .sci. Your .sci files can be found in \Documents\SWPDocs (or SWDocs or SNBDocs).
Windows 10: We have not tested Windows 10 thoroughly, but we note here that simply choosing Windows 7 compatibility mode might solve a lot of problems... Do please let us know your experiences of running older versions of our software on this operating system.
Thanks for all the referrals telling your friends that Version 6.0 is here. If you've missed the opportunity so far, just click below to send them a quick message with an accompanying link.
Enjoy version 6.0.6... we now think it's safe to make the leap to version 6.0 – even if one of our more sceptical users Emailed to say:
I am excited by SW 6 but I think I will wait for at least version 6.x.y where x>0 before ordering a copy!
But for everybody else, just
click here for the upgrade pricing.
This software is way too good to keep to yourself! Why not tell your friends...
We usually send this mailing to our users every couple of months or so. Please just let us know if you no longer wish to remain on our mailing list.
Christopher Mabb, Scientific Word Ltd., UK
Tel: +44 (0)345 766 0340; Fax: +44 (0)345 603 9443