30th Anniversary (1st June 2020)
following it up with:Does the problem happen on all the documents you try to compile, or just one/some of them?
- If all the documents: did you download the v6.0 installation instructions and follow them? Especially did you right-click the file and select Run as Administrator to begin the installation? Did you receive any error messages?
- If just one/some of the documents (while others compile OK): please let us have the .sci file (in \SW[P]Docs) of one of the documents that generates this error message.
In fact, running through this checklist of things to tell us may lead you to discover the cause of the problem yourself! And if not, you'll have all the information to hand, so as to help us help you... Thank You!Here are some further questions / things to try:
- Did you receive any error messages during installation?
- Did you accept the default settings for the installation, or did you change any of the settings (e.g. the location of files)?
- Have you rebooted the computer since installing? Does the problem persist?
- What operating system are you using?
- What's the make of your computer?
- Please let us have your licence file license.lic [Note: American spelling]. This will be in one of the locations detailed in our December 2015 mailing Item 5
- Please let us have the log file for a failure to compile [detailed instructions are in our December 2019 mailing Item 7].
www.mackichan.com:443 uses an invalid security certificatebut you don't need to be too alarmed. We documented this issue – the explanation and a solution – in our April 2019 mailing Item 6 (2).
This software is way too good to keep to yourself! Why not tell your colleagues and co-authors? Perhaps some Emails... maybe a blog post on a mathematics/economics forum? Even easier is to Share our Facebook page – or any of the Product pages on our website – with your Facebook friends. Thanks a lot.