This gives you bibunits.zip, which upon expanding yields the bibunits folder; for definiteness, let's suppose you save that as c:\sw[p]55\bibunits. This folder contains bibunits.ins and bibunits.dtx – but no bibunits.sty (which is the file you want). So you open the README file (for example, with WordPad) and it says:Download the contents of this package in one zip archive.
Here's how you do that:To produce the style
To produce the documentation
Since the user had complimentary access to the videos of our Two-Day Training Couse, the topics of which are listed here, we replied:[I] would like to make use of enumerate. From the screenshot you will note that both lists are in Arabic. Is there any way how the second list can use alph?
subsequently adding:This is covered in our Training videos Section 5.6 from 1m30s – 3m30s.
Please let us know (and send us your document) if you need any further help
Note the roman numeral ii in enumii, since we're dealing with a second-level list.PS. You probably just want a TeX Field (Insert – Typeset Object – TeX Field) before the list saying:
The additional features added with the upgrade from v5.5 to v5.0 are described here.What extra features would an upgrade to v5.5 provide <snip>?
We replied that:I own a SWP 5.5 licence and have recently found that I cannot 1. register it on a new computer 2. if I try to simply copy the licence file as suggested then it reports something like cannot register on this computer.
The user soon got up and running by carefully following the v5.5 installation instructions: the issue is almost always right-click – Run as Administrator at Steps 2, 9 and 12 (see our December 2019 mailing Item 4).For version 5.5:
- Licence files are machine-specific and cannot be ported from one computer to another.
- The licence server does not like generating a v5.5 licence file on a machine for which it has already created a v6 licence file. But there is otherwise no reason why you should not be able to Register on a new/fresh computer. Please let us have your computer ID (SWP v5.5 – Help – System Features) and we will try to generate it for you.
That got him started. When he replied:
- The introductory videos on our Scientific Word and Scientific WorkPlace pages
- Our v6 New Features, especially entering whatever symbols you want
- The Demonstration videos, although these are more about computation than entering text
- And we’ll give you complimentary access to Section 2 of our v6 Training videos.
we further explained:Very helpful videos!
I try to practice a little bit with skeching graphs, some fields remain gray and don't activate... What do I need to do to enable them?
Also, interested in knowing about the possiblities to import graphs and pictures?
Some of those resources mentioned above will be useful to anyone trying out version 6.The options on the Compute menu will only be available when you are in Maths mode, indicated by the red M. For this, your cursor needs to be in the mathematical expression.
To insert a graphic, click on Insert – Image. Please let us have a short sample document, together with the graphic, of one that did not work.
After installing the Software it is not possible to reach the activation server. I think the reason is the Proxy-Server in the Network. How can I activate behind the Proxy-Server?
But even with the licence file we sent, he couldn't get his Scientific WorkPlace v6 running. We further offered:To register/Activate on machines that have an issue connecting (or are not connected) to the Internet, we can supply an unlock code. The unlock code is specific to the computer in question, and so we need you to provide us with the computer ID as well as the serial number of the program. To obtain the computer ID, go into Scientific WorkPlace:
Please Email this to us exactly (it is case sensitive), and we will reply with the licence file/unlock code. You will then save this file license.lic into the Licenses folder of your Scientific WorkPlace installation, described at Step 8 of the v6 installation instructions.
- click on Help – Activate. The computer ID is in the second box (version 6.0)
In principle, the computer's online access should not be relevant. As we wrote to our Annual Maintenance / Support Contract list some months ago:Here are 4 further suggestions:
- Re-boot your computer if you have not done so since installing the licence file. This should not make a difference; but it’s an easy option to try, and it sometimes works.
- There is an alternative valid location for the licence file: see our December 2015 mailing Item 5. Please try saving the licence file we sent in the second location C:\Program Files (x86)\MacKichan\SWP\
- You could try a complete new install of Scientific WorkPlace, precisely following the v6 installation instructions. In particular, ensure you use right-click – Run as Administrator at Step 3B(ii) and Step 6 (bullet item). Instead of Help – Activate (at Step 6 second paragraph) you will use the licence file we sent you.
- After you have already tried all the above suggestions, we would be willing to log on to your computer remotely at a mutually convenient time. However, if all the above fails, we suspect it will be because of whatever caused you to write:“it is not possible to reach the activation server”We are therefore not confident that our logging on would resolve the issue if all the above steps have failed.
I'm not sure we ever got this one resolved...
For Fixed licences (including home use): There needs to be a connection to MacKichan’s licence server for the initial Registration/Activation; after that, the licence file sits on the user's computer (at the address given in the installation instructions for version 6.1 (Step 8) or at c:\sw[p]55\Licenses\license.lic for v5.5) and the user does not have to be online to use Scientific Word/WorkPlace.
This software is way too good to keep to yourself! Why not tell your colleagues and co-authors? Perhaps some Emails... maybe a blog post on a mathematics/economics forum? Even easier is to Share our Facebook page – or any of the Product pages on our website – with your Facebook friends. Thanks a lot.