and including the code for a TikZ picture. In our replies we said:I hope you don’t mind me asking a quick question.
I hoped that when I include the text below as an encapsulated TeX file in my SWP file that it would produce a figure for me. Instead it is giving me error messages. Is there any quick fix for this? What is the general advice if I want to include TeX (or otherwise) produced mathematical figures?
You also need to ensure that the tikz package is available on your computer, together with the packages it requires (xkeyval, pgf and everyshi). You can obtain any further packages you require from CTAN, but we have put the zip files you'll need here: tikz-cd, xkeyval, pgf and everyshi (right-click – SaveAs).If you want to include tikz pictures... you will need the tikz-cd package which is available at https://www.ctan.org/pkg/tikz-cd.
Have you added the tikz-cd package to your document (Typeset – Options & Packages – Package Options)? Because tikz-cd is not supplied with Scientific WorkPlace, you will need to GoNative to add it.
Windows – TeX Live Manager (instructions copied from our December 2015 mailing Item 4):
You might need to update the TexLive Manager first.
- Double click the executable file tlmgr-gui.exe now tlshell.exe in the c:\TeXLive\2015\bin\win32 folder or 2016 (or later)
- Click the "Load default" button and wait
- Scroll through the list of Package names, locate whichever package is to be added and check the box (here adding the subfigure package)
- Click the "Install" button
Mac – TeX Live Utility:
- Use the Finder to navigate to /Applications/MacKichan/local/bin/TeXLiveUtility
- Click to open, and then click on Updates to see if any need installing
- Click on Packages, and scroll down to tikz-cd (or enter it in the Search box).
- Select the packages you wish to install using Cmd – Click (in our example, just tikz-cd)
- Right-click and select Install Selected Packages
- After a few seconds you will see the Install Succeeded message
This software is way too good to keep to yourself! Why not tell your friends...let us know if you no longer wish to remain on our mailing list.