The Small Print
- We don't like spam
- We are frustrated by it ourselves
- We will never rent or sell your contact details to a third party
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Those on our mailing list (database) gave their consent to receive Email from us at the point of requesting a serial number for our software – either the free 30-day trial or a permanent licence.
- We perform some minimal processing of your data in pursuing our legitimate interests of marketing and administration.
- Any time you wish to withdraw your consent, please just send us an Email request and we will remove you from our mailing list faster than you can say General Data Protection Regulation (or at least within 24 hours of receipt). The simplest way to do this is by clicking the Unsubscribe link which has been at the bottom of all our automated mailings since 2009 (from late 2014 those mailings to you were ready-configured with the Email address to be removed).
- For those with permanent licences, your serial number and computer ID are linked to your Email address and stored in America on the servers of MacKichan Software. The licence file (license.lic) on your computer/s, containing your serial number and computer ID, is located:
- For version 6.0: In one of the places given in our December 2015 mailing (Item 5)
- For version 5.x: In the \licenses\ sub-folder of your installation folder (eg. c:\sw[p]55\licenses\license.lic)
- Our database, stored securely in the UK, typically records your name & contact information, and the serial numbers of systems you have bought from us or are responsible for – together with the date we added you, the source of the contact and the category of Tech. Support you qualify for.
- We do not use external data processing services. We have never rented or sold – nor will we ever rent or sell – your contact details to a third party.
- For any GDPR questions, please Email our Designated Data Protection officer (DPO) on firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you continue without changing your settings, we’ll assume that you are happy to receive cookies on our website.
However, if you would like to, you can change your cookie settings at any time (Start – Control Panel – Internet Options – Privacy).
Fair Use of Technical Support
- We are pleased to provide our Unbeatable Expert Technical Support for individual registered users free of charge, resourced from the profit on sales
- We prefer not to impose rules and quotas on our provision of Technical Support beyond expecting Fair Use:
- Most users make demands on our Technical Support occasionally (two or three times a year) or never; a few do so slightly more regularly
- Some users make more extensive demands on our resources, but this is viable when accompanied by multiple quality referrals leading to further sales
- Other users pay for our Training Course, which reduces their need for Technical Support
- We do not regard it as Fair Use for you:
- Never to make quality referrals using our Referral link or Facebook page, and
- Decline to obtain Training, and
- Continue to make significant demands on our Technical Support (several issues per year, requiring double-digit Emails from us) – in effect obtaining Training by Email free of charge.
- Beyond the complimentary Expert Technical Support described here, recourse to our technical expertise is available as paid Consultancy Time or Support Contract.
Last Updated: 25th July 2018